Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Learning

I lost my Grandmom recently.    On a moments notice I flew back to NY    went without sleep for 2 days to be at her bed side to say my good byes.

On Valentines days this year I lost someone dear to me. Someone who raise 3 generations of my entire family and was there for my entire life. On a day about love I learn what it really meant. I learned more about who I am and about my own past. Nothing is more painful to see someone go. Yet while I mourned I wasn't sad. She saw all her kids and grand kids grow up and many of the grand kids are full grown adults going on to have great lives. Hell we even have a future doctor in our mitts.

AS I sit in the late hour (ok it's only 9pm but I get up pretty fucking early) I reflect on the good, the bad, the sumblime and the heart breaking moments.   Those you love will never leave your heart and while they may not be there with you, you were better to off to have them in your life. Life, no matter how painful is a leason well worth learning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment